The reading room

Let me find my way around this place first!!

Suspense and horror, a real page turner

The synopsis of the Mateguas Island was enough to intrigue me. Paranormal is one of my favorite genres, be it a book or a movie (I hope this gets made into a movie - it will be brilliant!) This has been one of the best books I’ve read in a long time. It would take pride of place on my bookshelf, and would be one of those books that I would read more than once.

The storyline is full of suspense and very believable. The story is woven around the lives of Bill and Karen and their twins. They have recently moved to Mateguas Island and are trying to work on their relationship while getting used to a new lifestyle. Things get complicated as the couple gets pulled into situations that they have no control over. They have to fight the demons inside them and those outside, while trying to keep their children safe.  Linda Watkins has explored feelings and relationships while maintaining the excitement and pace right through. I read this book in one sitting, I couldn’t put it down. The plot would appeal to most people and trust me, you will not regret having picked it up. Thank you Linda for a wonderful read!